Freestanding monument which overlooks the site of the Three Rocks Battle of the 1798 Rebellion. The Monument is dated 1952, on a square plan, set on a gorse-covered outcrop.
A monument erected ‘in Memory of the Gallant Insurgents who triumphed over English Forces [in] 1798’ representing an integral component of the twentieth-century built heritage of County Wexford.
The monument was completed in 1952 and was officially opened on Sunday, 2 June, of that year. A large crowd, estimated at 15,000, gathered around the monument to witness the opening.